Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Row, row, row your boat..

Well unfortunately because of the weather this weekend I was not able to go on my next adventure, which was supposed to be kayaking. I’m pretty bummed because we had a nice big group of people willing to go and I’ve been dying to go kayaking for such a long time!
There is a place near Cold Springs, NY called Constitution Marsh, which has kayaking and many other outdoor activities. To rent a kayak it’s only $25 for 1 hour, $45 for 2 hours, or $65 for three hours. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. They also offer instructions and tours on kayaking. They have a great website that explains all of this at Hudson Valley Outfitters 
I wish I had more to say about this and hopefully this weekend or next I’ll be able to get up there and finally get to kayak. Upstate New York is really a great place for outdoor activities, there is so much to do and the scenery is just breathtaking. On September 3rd at 7pm they will be hosting a Cold Springs Kayaking tour with fireworks. If you can’t tell from my other posts I’m a sucker for fireworks. Ever since I was a little kid I’ve loved watching fireworks.
If anyone has ever been here I’d love to hear some reviews on it, or anything you can recommend or suggest I do. Even if you’ve been kayaking before, any tips would be helpful. It can’t be too hard to just paddle around although I heard there is a bit of tides that roll through. I’ve gone white water rafting (which is AMAZINNGG) so I’m pretty sure I’ll be all set for kayaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment