Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I don't wanna grow up..


My family came up for the weekend to do an unveiling for my grandmother’s gravestone. It’s not very often that I get to see them so I tried to plan something exciting. My cousin has a 4-year-old son, Seth, who has never gone bowling before. I couldn’t believe he had never gone bowling! I remember as a child going bowling all the time with bumpers and loved rolling the ball between my legs down the alley. It went so slow but as a child the anticipation could kill me, waiting to see how many pins I knocked down.
We went to New City Bowl. Seth was so excited while bowling. He was dancing on the wood floor loving his bowling shoes and how slippery the floor could be at times. After one game he got a little bored though. I guess playing with three people can take a bit of time, especially when one is a child, the game doesn’t go very quickly. So I figured after some bowling there had to be other fun activities to do, especially since the rain had finally cleared up for the morning we could find something to do outside.
There is a great place about 15 minutes from my house called Closter Golf Center that has a really nice miniature golf course. I think he enjoyed the mini golf a lot more than bowling because there were so many interesting things to see while golfing. They had big giraffe’s and water fountains. They also have go-karts but we figured he was still a little too young for that.

These types of activities are a great change from the normal everyday summer enjoyments like the pool, or the beach. It’s great to have some family time that you can enjoy and make you feel like a kid again as well! I always loved mini golfing but never think to go unless I have a child with me, but it’s definitely true that it can be fun for all ages. Not to mention it definitely tires them out and can give the adults a nice break after all is said and done and the children are taking a nice long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment