Tuesday, August 2, 2011

DMB Junkie!

Well today is not about something I did, but something I will be doing. I bought my ticket last night to go see the Dave Matthews Band Caravan at Governor’s Island in New York City on August 26th I am beyond excited. I’ve always been a huge Dave fan and I’ve heard this festival is absolutely awesome. It’s a 3 day event (although I’m only going on Friday) and there are so many different groups/bands playing besides Dave Matthews Band. It’s bound to be a good time.

Dave makes the best memories..
I remember the first Dave concert I ever went to at Giant’s stadium back in 2001. People still talk about that concert till this day. As soon as they came back on for the encore, the skies just started absolutely pouring rain. The vibe in the entire stadium went wild. Nobody cared that it was raining they were enjoying every moment of it.That one stands our more than any others. I can't even count on two hands how many Dave concerts I've been to.

Anyway, back to the caravan. They have already played two other times, once in Atlantic City, NJ and once in Chicago, IL. It’s an entire weekend of awesome music and I would recommend anyone to go check it out if you are in the area. It’s a full days worth of stuff to do so even if you have to travel it may be worth it if you like this music. After New York they will be leaving the East Coast, heading out to Washington.
Did you go?
Did you go to any of the other shows in NJ or IL? If so I’d love to hear how they were! A few friends of mine went to NJ and said it was simply amazing, which made me hop right onto the Internet and buy my ticket for Governor’s Island! I mean what could be better then taking a ferry to an island and listening to music that you love all day? I would say this is not so much a family event, although I do know some hardcore lovers of Dave Matthews that take there three young children to these shows. I’ll keep you posted after the show and let you know how it was. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren, Dave Matthews Band is a great group and have been around for a long, long time. My son and his friends are going to that concert too. I hope you'll have a chance to blog about the experience before our class ends!

    ReplyDelete