Friday, August 19, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away!


Although the point of this blog was supposed to be about exciting things I’m doing this summer and good ideas for other people to find things to do, this weather is really putting a damper on my excitement. However, to make up for not being able to do anything exciting this week due to massive thunderstorms and rain I decided to do the only good thing there is to do on a rainy day. I went to the movies!
People always say to make the best of what’s around, right? So that’s exactly what I did. Grabbed some lunch with a friend, then we went to the movies, and even got manicures and pedicures. The movie we saw was Horrible Bosses, and it was anything but horrible. It was definitely a good comedy movie, not one of the normal plots you see nowadays. I feel like movies are always the same story, especially love stories, but comedies have taken a different turn and they always give you something you aren’t expecting. 

Going to the movies is always something good for someone of any age to do on a rainy day. Since it usually only takes a couple hours and that just isn’t enough for me, we added in lunch and some pampering. There’s this great little restaurant right around the corner from my house called Potato Republic. They are a small place but have great food. I’m a sucker for their wraps, I get the same exact thing every time I go: Grilled chicken in a whole-wheat wrap with lettuce and pesto on the side. They are known for their sweet potato fries, which are out of this world. They give you a choice of about 20 different dipping sauces to choose from, and depending on what size fries you get, you can get one two or three, or you can get as many as you’d like of course, they just charge you extra. Well my friend once made me try maple syrup with sweet potato fries. At first I looked at her like she was crazy but I gave in and tried it and WOW, it’s delicious! Definitely recommend you all go out and try it, you won’t be disappointed.
Manicures and pedicures can be so relaxing if you go to the right place. You have to find the places that have deals during the week for mani/pedi for $20, which is what I do of course. Who has 50 dollars to spend on their nails all the time, that’s insane in my opinion. The place I go to gives the best pedicures. What makes a good pedicure you ask? Simply answer: the massage. Obviously the polish needs to look good but the massage can make or break an entire mani/pedi experience. 

Each one of these things is obviously a fun thing to do on a rainy day, but putting all three together really gives you a whole day to keep busy. It’s nice for a family to be able to get to the movies, or even a mother with her daughter for her first nail appointment.  I’m sure it’ll leave some great memories for the kids on a day that seems to start off not so good because of the weather. You can always check your local movie times at Moviefone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment